Saturday, May 8, 2010

THE GOODNESS IN OTHERS


A STORY TOLD IN PICTURES:
Man risks his life to
save a stranger's pet pooch...


As galeforce winds ripped across Victoria on August 17, 2009, Maltese-shitzu cross Bi Bi was blown off Brighton Pier. Owner Sue Drummond looked on helplessly as Bi Bi was tossed into the surging waves.

"I thought he was going to sink and then maybe I wouldn't be able to find him," she said. "But I didn't really want to hop in the water either because I wasn't quite sure if I could make it to shore with a struggling dog."


Luckily for Bi Bi, Raden Soemawinata stripped down to shirt, jocks and socks, and dived in after the dog.



Raden, 20, was on the pier for a family ceremony to scatter his grandmother's ashes into the bay.



Raden was a humble hero about the situation saying, “It was pretty cold and windy, but it wasn’t such a hard decision to jump in, it wasn’t such a great feat.”



He also added, “I’m a part-time model, so getting into my jocks isn’t so different to what I do for work.” (Thank Heaven for part-time models.)


Galeforce winds triggered more than 1000 calls to the State Emergency Service as Victorians reported damage to houses, roadways and parked cars. Most of the emergency calls were made between 7am (AEST) and midday.


Sue Drummond and Bi Bi


----------------------------------------------------
REPRINTED FROM:

www.news.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment